You will never know that these Gluten-Free Walnut Brownies are vegan. Deliciously rich with a dense texture, they make for the perfect comforting dessert.
- 12 ounces Gluten free flour 12 ounces Gluten free flour
- 10 ounces Raw cane sugar 10 ounces Raw cane sugar
- 3.5 ounces Domino® or C&H® Dark brown sugar 3.5 ounces Domino® or C&H® Dark brown sugar
- 2 ounces Cocoa powder 2 ounces Cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt 1 teaspoon Salt
- 8 ounces Water 8 ounces Water
- 7 ounces Coconut oil 7 ounces Coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 6 ounces Walnuts, chopped 6 ounces Walnuts, chopped
Whisk together gluten free flour, cane sugar, light brown sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
In another bowl whisk together water, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry. Add walnuts.
Bake at 350F in a convection oven for 30-40 minutes turning the pan halfway through. When testing with a toothpick the middle will still come out slightly gooey.
Allow to cool before cutting into desired sized brownies.
Meet the Chef
Caroline Kolaja, aka "the rock n' roll pastry chef" graduated from the Art Institute of San Diego in 2009 and worked at several restaurants in the area exploring many types of cuisine including French, Peruvian, and Mediterranean. Eight years ago she moved to Chicago quickly working her way up at an Executive Pastry Chef position at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel. In 2016 Caroline went abroad to do an internship in Barcelona at the Michelin starred molecular gastronomy focused tapas restaurant called Tickets. Upon her return to the US she began catering backstage making desserts for roadies and rockstars with bands such as Fleetwood Mac, Def Leppard, Journey and Shakira.
Read trends and ideas from the culinary professionals at Domino Foods Inc. to help you grow your business.