Not your ordinary hot wing, Tiki Wings deliver a tantalizing combination of sweet, spicy, and savory flavors to delight the palate. A cornstarch coating is our secret to perfectly crisp wings. Can be served as a shareable appetizer or an entrée.
- 2 lbs. jumbo whole wings 2 lbs. jumbo whole wings
- 1 cup cornstarch 1 cup cornstarch
- ½ cup water ½ cup water
- 1 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 1 cup Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 cup fish sauce 1 cup fish sauce
- 1 cup black vinegar 1 cup black vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili oil 3 tablespoons chili oil
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Using a sharp knife, remove wing tips and separate flapper from the drumette.
Pat wings dry and spread out on a sheet tray. Par cook wings for 10 minutes.
Refrigerate wings uncovered and ideally overnight.
Pour water into the bottom of a stainless pot. Pile sugar in the middle and heat on high. Caramelize sugar until dark and reaches a temperature of 340°F.
Quickly pour in fish sauce, vinegar, and soy sauce. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
Blend in chili oil so mixture is thick and emulsified. Set sauce aside.
Heat oil to 350°F. Lightly coat wings in cornstarch and fry for about 6 minutes or until crispy. Be careful not to overcrowd the fryer.
Transfer wings to a large bowl and toss with sauce to coat.
Meet the Chef
Gabriel Freeman is the Chef at Scofflaw Chicago.
Read trends and ideas from the culinary professionals at Domino Foods Inc. to help you grow your business.