Herbal flavors are a hot trend in espresso drinks. Our sage syrup made with Florida Crystals® organic raw cane sugar adds earthy richness to this latte.
Sage Syrup (Yields 20 oz)
- 20 grams dried sage 20 grams dried sage
- 400 grams hot water 400 grams hot water
- 400 grams Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 400 grams Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- 1 oz (4 pumps) sage syrup 1 oz (4 pumps) sage syrup
- 2 shots brewed espresso 2 shots brewed espresso
- 8 oz whole milk 8 oz whole milk
Combine all ingredients and steep for 3 hours. Finished syrup has a shelf life of 3 days.
Add sage syrup to cup.
Brew 2 shots of espresso and pour into cup.
For iced latte: Add cold whole milk with ice.
For hot latte: Steam whole milk to 150°F and add to cup.
Meet the Chef
Melissa Villanueva is the Owner and Founder of Brewpoint Coffee, which has three locations in Elmhurst, IL.
Read trends and ideas from the culinary professionals at Domino Foods Inc. to help you grow your business.