Believed to have originated in Cuba, the mojito is a traditional rum-based cocktail. Its combination of sweet, citrus, and mint flavors complements the rum and has made the mojito a popular summertime cocktail.
- 5 mint leaves, fresh 5 mint leaves, fresh
- 3 lime wedges 3 lime wedges
- 2 ounces white rum 2 ounces white rum
- 2 tablespoons Simple Syrup recipe 2 tablespoons Simple Syrup recipe
- ice ice
- club soda club soda
- mint leaf sprig mint leaf sprig
In a 9-oz. highball glass, place mint leaves, lime wedges and rum. Using a muddler, crush and stir ingredients together to release flavors. Add syrup.
Fill glass ¾ full with ice, and pour in club soda to fill glass. Garnish with mint sprig.
Serve immediately with a straw.
Read trends and ideas from the culinary professionals at Domino Foods Inc. to help you grow your business.