Our Matcha Green Tea Cookies are a tender and delicious butter cookie. Matcha tea powder is added to impart a bright green color and a unique flavor to these cookies.
Matcha Green Tea Cookies
- 400 grams unsalted butter, softened 400 grams unsalted butter, softened
- 162 grams Domino® Confectioners or C&H Powdered Sugar, sifted 162 grams Domino® Confectioners or C&H Powdered Sugar, sifted
- 1 vanilla bean 1 vanilla bean
- 2 egg yolks 2 egg yolks
- 454 grams all-purpose flour 454 grams all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoons matcha green tea powder 1½ teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- 1 egg (for egg wash) 1 egg (for egg wash)
- 100 grams Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar 100 grams Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
In an electric mixer, beat butter, powdered sugar, and scraped vanilla pod. Add the egg yolks and mix until well combined.
In a separate bowl, sift flour, salt, and matcha green tea powder. Add to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
Portion the dough into 200 gram logs, about 15 inches long. Wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 325°F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
Brush each log lightly with egg wash and roll in granulated sugar. Cut into slices 1/4 inch thick and place on prepared pans.
Bake for 8-10 minutes.
Read trends and ideas from the culinary professionals at Domino Foods Inc. to help you grow your business.