Our recipe for Double Chocolate Banana Pecan Loaf is melt-in-your mouth delicious. Pecans are added to this recipe for that extra crunch and cravable nutty flavors.
- 60 grams Water 60 grams Water
- 100 grams Coconut oil 100 grams Coconut oil
- 100 grams Domino® or C&H® Light brown sugar 100 grams Domino® or C&H® Light brown sugar
- 50 grams Florida Crystals® Organic cane sugar 50 grams Florida Crystals® Organic cane sugar
- 1 each Eggs 1 each Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 3 each (315 grams) Bananas 3 each (315 grams) Bananas
- 130 grams Gluten free flour 130 grams Gluten free flour
- 50 grams Cocoa powder 50 grams Cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ teaspoon Ground cinnamon ½ teaspoon Ground cinnamon
- 190 grams Semi-sweet chocolate chips 190 grams Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 85 grams pecans 85 grams pecans
Whisk together water, coconut oil, light brown sugar, cane sugar, eggs and vanilla.
Mash bananas with a fork or blend in a food processor.
Mix bananas into wet ingredients.
In a separate bowl whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry and then stir in the chocolate chips and pecans.
Bake at 350F on convection for 30-35 minutes rotating the pan halfway through baking. When doing a tooth pick test it should come out clean.
Allow to cool before slicing into desired portions.
Meet the Chef
Caroline Kolaja, aka "the rock n' roll pastry chef" graduated from the Art Institute of San Diego in 2009 and worked at several restaurants in the area exploring many types of cuisine including French, Peruvian, and Mediterranean. Eight years ago she moved to Chicago quickly working her way up at an Executive Pastry Chef position at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel. In 2016 Caroline went abroad to do an internship in Barcelona at the Michelin starred molecular gastronomy focused tapas restaurant called Tickets. Upon her return to the US she began catering backstage making desserts for roadies and rockstars with bands such as Fleetwood Mac, Def Leppard, Journey and Shakira.
Read trends and ideas from the culinary professionals at Domino Foods Inc. to help you grow your business.