This bold marinade is simple-to-make while bringing a uniquely complex flavor to this versatile cut of beef. Add global flair and exotic taste to tacos, fajitas, steak salads and more by combining the zest of ginger and zing of jalapenos perfectly balanced with the sweetness of light brown sugar.
Flank Steak Marinade
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup olive oil ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup Domino® or C&H® Light Brown Sugar 1 cup Domino® or C&H® Light Brown Sugar
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup beer 1 cup beer
- 1 jalapeno, chopped 1 jalapeno, chopped
Put a gallon-sized zip top bag in a bowl and add all the ingredients of the marinade to the bag. (The bowl helps keep the bag upright and in place.)
Seal the bag and shake the bag around a bit with your hands to mix all the ingredients.
Add the flank steak and agitate until the marinade covers the steak.
Allow to marinate for 3-6 hours, depending on the thickness of your steak.
Grill steak 2-6 minutes per side, depending on the type of steak used and overall thickness.
Meet the Chef
Jaime Chozet is the General Manager and Sommelier at The Brewer’s Table in Austin. He is a Certified Sommelier through The Court of Masters Sommeliers. Named by Bon Appétit magazine as one of Austin’s Best Chefs, Chef Chozet was trained in classic French cooking and is an expert in cooking American, French, Italian, Interior Mexican and Spanish cuisines.
Read trends and ideas from the culinary professionals at Domino Foods Inc. to help you grow your business.