Give your brunch menu a boost with Dill and Citrus Cured Salmon. Our sugar and salt cure creates a flavorful and silky lox in only 24 hours. Traditionally served thinly sliced with bagels and cream cheese, but can also be used as an ingredient in appetizers, omelets, salads, and more.
Dill and Citrus Cured Salmon
- 1 lb. salmon, skinned and pin boned 1 lb. salmon, skinned and pin boned
- 1 bunch fresh dill, chopped 1 bunch fresh dill, chopped
- ½ cup coarse sea salt ½ cup coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorn, coarsely ground 1 teaspoon black peppercorn, coarsely ground
- 1 whole grapefruit 1 whole grapefruit
- 1 whole lemon 1 whole lemon
- ⅔ cup Domino® or C&H® Bakers Special Sugar ⅔ cup Domino® or C&H® Bakers Special Sugar
- ⅓ cup Domino® or C&H® Dark Brown Sugar ⅓ cup Domino® or C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
In large bowl, combine all ingredients except salmon, grapefruit and lemon. Microplane citrus zests into bowl. Use your hands to mix and smash the cure together.
Rub all over salmon and cure refrigerated on a non-reactive surface for 24 hours.
Rinse cure with cold water and pat dry. Serve in thin slices.
Meet the Chef
Gabriel Freeman is the Chef at Scofflaw Chicago.
Read trends and ideas from the culinary professionals at Domino Foods Inc. to help you grow your business.