Agrodolce is a traditional sweet and sour sauce in Italian cuisine, and our version pairs beautifully with the nutty flavor of the delicata squash.
Delicata Squash Agrodolce
- 1 whole delicata squash 1 whole delicata squash
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 fresh shallots, peeled and cut lengthwise into eighths 2 fresh shallots, peeled and cut lengthwise into eighths
- ½ cup Domino® or C&H® Light Brown Sugar ½ cup Domino® or C&H® Light Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 4 oz feta 4 oz feta
- 4 oz pistachios, roasted and chopped 4 oz pistachios, roasted and chopped
- 1 oz sumac 1 oz sumac
Halve delicata and slice ¼” thick.
Heat sauté pan on medium high heat. Add 1 oz olive oil and sear shallots.
Reduce heat and add sugar.
Once sugar is caramelized, add vinegar. Swirl pan until sugar and vinegar are combined. Remove from heat.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Toss delicata squash in olive oil and roast until golden brown.
Remove from oven and salt to taste.
Arrange squash on plate. Top with sauce and shallots. Sprinkle with feta, pistachios, and sumac.
Meet The Chef
Gabriel Freeman is the Chef at Scofflaw Chicago.
Related Brown Sugar Products
Read trends and ideas from the culinary professionals at Domino Foods Inc. to help you grow your business.