A bright, fresh and mouthwatering delicacy that’s ideal as an appetizer, salad topping or main dish. Add the zest of citrus and coriander with the sweetness of sugar and boldness of cilantro for a subtle yet perfectly supplementary flavor that makes yellow fin or albacore tuna irresistible.
- 1 pound yellow fin or albacore tuna, 1 inch lengths 1 pound yellow fin or albacore tuna, 1 inch lengths
- 12 ounces kosher salt 12 ounces kosher salt
- 8 ounces Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar 8 ounces Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
- zest of 4 lemons zest of 4 lemons
- zest of 4 oranges zest of 4 oranges
- zest of 4 limes zest of 4 limes
- 4 tablespoons ground coriander 4 tablespoons ground coriander
- 4 tablespoons ground black pepper 4 tablespoons ground black pepper
- ½ bunch cilantro, chopped ½ bunch cilantro, chopped
Place the tuna in a non-reactive container.
Combine the remaining ingredients and cover the tuna on all sides. Keep tuna covered for 3 hours.
Remove the tuna from the cure and thoroughly rinse. Pat dry.
Slice the tuna and enjoy.
Meet the Chef
Steven McHugh is the Chef and Owner of Cured at Pearl. He opened his first solo project, Cured, in the revitalized Pearl District of San Antonio. For his work at Cured, Chef McHugh was nominated for the James Beard Award "Best Chef: Southwest" in 2016, 2017 and 2020.
Read trends and ideas from the culinary professionals at Domino Foods Inc. to help you grow your business.