Crisp and golden on the outside, but light and chewy on the inside, our Coconut Macaroons are a delightful sweet treat. A jam-filled center gives these macaroons a pop of color and fruit flavor to beautifully complement the coconut.
- 475 grams sweetened shredded coconut 475 grams sweetened shredded coconut
- 317 grams desiccated coconut 317 grams desiccated coconut
- 100 grams Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar 100 grams Florida Crystals® Organic Raw Cane Sugar
- ½ cup egg whites ½ cup egg whites
- ½ teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla paste 1 tablespoon vanilla paste
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup jam (raspberry or apricot recommended) 1 cup jam (raspberry or apricot recommended)
Mix together the coconut, sugar, egg whites, salt and vanilla with a paddle.
Add condensed milk and mix until well combined.
Coat a parchment-lined sheet pan with non-stick cooking spray. Using a #8 scoop, scoop batter onto the sheet pan.
Make an indent in the center of each cookie, and place a tablespoon of jam in the indent.
Bake at 325°F on low fan for 20 minutes. Once cooled, scoop another tablespoon of jam on top.
Meet the Chef
Yasmin Gutierrez is an Associate Partner at Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises. She oversees the pastry program at Beatrix, Beatrix Market, Foodlife, Foodease and Mity Nice Bar & Grill.
Read trends and ideas from the culinary professionals at Domino Foods Inc. to help you grow your business.