Both undeniably delectable and incredibly easy to make, this marinade adds the sweetness of dark brown and granulated sugar to basil, ginger, and garlic. A blend of fresh seasonings and herbal accents comes together to create chicken that not only grills up deliciously, but offers the appeal of a lip-smacking stickiness of flavor.
Brown Sugar Chicken Marinade
- ½ cup Domino® or C&H® Dark Brown Sugar ½ cup Domino® or C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar ½ cup Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup soy sauce ¼ cup soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon basil, chopped 1 teaspoon basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano, chopped 1 teaspoon oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil 1 tablespoon olive oil
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until sugar is fully dissolved.
Pour marinade over 8 chicken thighs (or your choice of chicken), reserving some for cooking. Marinate chicken overnight.
On a grill with medium heat, cook chicken until 165°F is reached.
Meet the Chef
Taylor Chambers is the Executive Chef of Justine's Brasserie. An industry veteran, Chambers is a self-taught, peer-taught executive chef, leading culinary operations at Justine’s in Austin.
Read trends and ideas from the culinary professionals at Domino Foods Inc. to help you grow your business.