Pimento cheese stuffed jalapenos wrapped in a sweet and smoky brown sugar bacon.
- 6 Jalapenos, Halved Lengthwise 6 Jalapenos, Halved Lengthwise
- 1/2 cup Pimento Cheese 1/2 cup Pimento Cheese
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese 1/2 cup Cream Cheese
- 2 cloves Garlic, Roasted 2 cloves Garlic, Roasted
- 8 pieces Bacon 8 pieces Bacon
- 1/2 cup Domino® or C&H® Dark Brown Sugar 1/2 cup Domino® or C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Water 1 tbsp Water
- 1/3 cup Domino® or C&H® Sugar 1/3 cup Domino® or C&H® Sugar
Mix the pimento cheese, cream cheese and roasted garlic until well mixed
Stuff each pepper half with the cheese mixture and wrap with bacon
Place the peppers in a 375 degree oven for 8 minutes
Combine the brown sugar and water and place the mixture on top of each pepper. Then place the peppers back in the oven for an additional 10 minutes until the bacon is crispy
Meet the Chef
Michael Ponzio is executive chef of the Union League Club in Chicago. Michael fell in love with the traditional culinary experience of Italian dining at a very young age. Chef Ponzio, who comes from a large, Italian family, grew up in a suburb just outside Chicago. So naturally, his first inspiration in the kitchen was his grandmother. Cooking became not only his skill, but his passion as well. Michael went on to receive his education in culinary arts at Kendall College in Chicago. When he is not in the kitchen, Michael spends his time with his wife and three children traveling and nurturing his passion for food and wine.
Appetizer Recipe Ideas
Read trends and ideas from the culinary professionals at Domino Foods Inc. to help you grow your business.