- 263 g Egg Whites 263 g Egg Whites
- 500 g Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar 500 g Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 50 g Cornstarch 50 g Cornstarch
- 50 g White Balsamic 50 g White Balsamic
Lemon Frozen Yogurt
- 1530 g Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar 1530 g Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 3240 g Heavy Cream 3240 g Heavy Cream
- 720 g Lemon Juice, strained 720 g Lemon Juice, strained
- 168 g Yuzu Juice, strained 168 g Yuzu Juice, strained
- 1000 g Blueberries 1000 g Blueberries
- 420 g Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar 420 g Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 80 g Cornstarch 80 g Cornstarch
- 80 g Water 80 g Water
- 100 g Lemon Juice 100 g Lemon Juice
Blueberry Tapioca Maltodextrin
- 200 g Tapioca Maltodextrin 200 g Tapioca Maltodextrin
- 100 g Freeze Dried Blueberries 100 g Freeze Dried Blueberries
- 90 g Lemon Juice 90 g Lemon Juice
- 3 each Egg Yolks 3 each Egg Yolks
- 2 each Eggs 2 each Eggs
- 55 g Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar 55 g Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 100 g Butter, at room temperature 100 g Butter, at room temperature
- 3 g Citric Acid 3 g Citric Acid
Step by Step Instructions
- 263 g Egg Whites
- 500 g Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 50 g Cornstarch
- 50 g White Balsamic
Place the egg whites in the bowl of a kitchen aid mixer with the whisk attachment. On medium speed, add in sugar into 4 increments. While adding sugar, lightly blow the torch at the bottom of the bowl to ensure sugar dissolves into the whites. Once all the sugar is added, place the mixer onto high speed and whip until stiff peaks. While waiting for stiff peaks, mix the second set into a slurry. Once stiff, peak pour in the second set as the mixer is whipping to fully incorporate second set. Once consistency is correct, place into pipping bags.
Prep Time - 20 minutes
Preset the oven to 200°F Low fan or in the dehydrator at 165°F. Pipe meringues out with a 4-inch by 4-inch diameter. Spacing each one out with 2 inches in between. Once all of them are pipped, create a dimple and or davit that is 2 inches wide and deep enough to almost touch the service of the tray. Let dehydrate for one hour. After one hour, carefully lift up the shell and scoop out the excess meringue around the inside of the shell so it is hollow. Let sit out for one hour at room temperature to fully cool and then cover with a plastic sheet tray lid and a silica packet inside.
Full Prep and Bake Time- 2 hours
Lemon Frozen Yogurt
- 1530 g Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 3240 g Heavy Cream
- 720 g Lemon Juice, strained
- 168 g Yuzu Juice, strained
Take the first set and put into a large pot over medium heat. Constantly whisk until the sugar is dissolved. The liquid should not be hot just slightly warm. Once sugar is fully dissolved, add in the second set off the heat, immersion blend together and pass through chinos.
Prep Time- 30 minutes
Total Time if Spun- 45 minutes
- 1000 g Blueberries
- 420 g Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 80 g Cornstarch
- 80 g Water
- 100 g Lemon Juice
Place the first set into a large pot over high heat. Constantly stir with a rubber spatula. The berries should start to turn dark purple and the sugar should release water. Once the first set is at a boil, change to a whish and whisk in the second set. Boil and reduce to 1/3 until tacky texture. Off the heat, add in the lemon juice and put over an ice bath immediately. Store in pint containers.
Prep and Final Product Time- 2 hours
Place the TMD in a large mixing bowl, physically crush up the blueberries with your hands and mix into the powder. Store in pint containers with silica gel packets.
Prep Time- 10 Minutes
- 90 g Lemon Juice
- 3 each Egg Yolks
- 2 each Eggs
- 55 g Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 100 g Butter, at room temperature
- 3 g Citric Acid
Get a double boiler already. Place the first set into a bowl over a double boiler and place over medium to high heat. Cook until it is pudding like consistency (be careful not to curdle the eggs). Once cooked, pour the curd over the second set, immersion blend immediately. Skin wrap plastic wrap to the top into an ice bath and place in the cooler.
Prep Time to Final Product Time- 45 minutes
Take the blueberry powder and place 3 large tablespoon amounts onto the plate at 9 o’clock. Place one tablespoon worth of jam into the lemon frozen yogurt and swirl it in. Scoop the mixed frozen yogurt in the center of the powder. Next, place the meringue dome on top of the scoop pressing slightly down, using a squeeze bottle filled with lemon curd. Place 2 tablespoons worth of it on top of the dome covering the hole well. Place edible flowers layering them face up to stick in the curd. Lastly, dust all of the blank spaces on the plate and dome lightly with the blueberry powder. Serve and enjoy quickly as this melts faster.
Meet the Chef
Danielle Marelli received her Certificate in Pastry Arts from the French Pastry School. Upon graduation, she spent two years as a pastry chef at the St. Regis Monarch Beach in Dana Point, California. Now with multiple years of experience in the hospitality industry, Marelli brings her unique vision and talents to The Gwen, a luxury hotel in Chicago.
Read trends and ideas from the culinary professionals at Domino Foods Inc. to help you grow your business.