A fruity combination of lemon and blueberry makes this beverage a refreshing treat.
Blueberry Syrup - Yields 2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar 1 cup Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Water 1 cup Water
- ¼ teaspoon Lemon zest ¼ teaspoon Lemon zest
- 1 cup Fresh blueberries 1 cup Fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup Lemon juice, freshly squeezed (about 2 lemons) ¼ cup Lemon juice, freshly squeezed (about 2 lemons)
- ½ cup Blueberry syrup ½ cup Blueberry syrup
- ¾ cup Water ¾ cup Water
- 2 cups Crushed ice or small ice cubes 2 cups Crushed ice or small ice cubes
- As garnish Lemon wheels (optional) As garnish Lemon wheels (optional)
Place water, sugar, and lemon zest in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until all the sugar dissolves. Bring to a simmer. Add blueberries. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Strain the mixture and cool completely. Syrup can be kept in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Stir lemon juice and blueberry syrup together in the bottom of bar shaker. Add water and shake to blend. Fill glasses with ice and pour lemonade over.
Garnish with a lemon wheel if desired.
For organic drinks, substitute granulated sugar with Florida Crystals(R) Organic Raw Cane Sugar at a 1:1 ratio. Raw cane sugar also adds an extra layer of flavor to the blueberry syrup.
Read trends and ideas from the culinary professionals at Domino Foods Inc. to help you grow your business.