Refreshing and bright, our Blueberry Fizz is the perfect summertime cocktail for brunch or happy hour. Garnish with fresh blueberries and a lemon twist to enhance visual appeal.
Blueberry Syrup - Yields 2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup Water 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar 1 cup Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Lemon zest ¼ teaspoon Lemon zest
- 1 cup Fresh blueberries 1 cup Fresh blueberries
- 1.5 oz London-style blue gin 1.5 oz London-style blue gin
- 1 oz Blueberry syrup 1 oz Blueberry syrup
- 0.5 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice 0.5 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 oz club soda 6 oz club soda
Place water, sugar, and lemon zest in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir occasionally until all the sugar dissolves. Bring to a simmer. Add blueberries. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Strain the mixture and cool completely. Syrup can be kept in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Add all ingredients to a Collins Glass filled with ice. Garnish with a lemon twist and fresh blueberries.
Meet the Chef
Mychael Bonner is the Executive Chef for Chicago-area restaurants Petterino's, Di Pescara and Saranello's. He was rated a Best Chef in America by his peers.
For organic drinks, substitute granulated sugar with Florida Crystals(R) Organic Raw Cane Sugar at a 1:1 ratio. Raw cane sugar also adds an extra layer of flavor to the blueberry syrup.
Read trends and ideas from the culinary professionals at Domino Foods Inc. to help you grow your business.