For an added touch of elegance to beef, chicken or salmon, this on-trend gastrique provides umami-packed flavor. By balancing the tartness of port wine and vinegar with granulated sugar and the sweet, earthiness of black garlic, this sauce brings added sophistication to your center-of-plate offering.
Black Garlic Gastrique
- 1 head black garlic 1 head black garlic
- 2 cups Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar 2 cups Domino® or C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup port wine ½ cup port wine
Peel all the black garlic and chop into a paste.
In a pan, mix all the ingredients and bring to a low simmer. Reduce until it has thickened into a syrup.
Allow to cool slightly and serve over your choice of meat or fish. Complements beef, chicken, and salmon particularly well.
Meet the Chef
Taylor Chambers is the Executive Chef of Justine's Brasserie. An industry veteran, Chambers is a self-taught, peer-taught executive chef, leading culinary operations at Justine’s in Austin.
Read trends and ideas from the culinary professionals at Domino Foods Inc. to help you grow your business.