Our Hot Coquito delivers a mocktail twist on this traditional Puerto Rican holiday drink. Swapping the rum for espresso creates a deliciously caffeinated coconut eggnog. Cinnamon Bun Beverage Syrup adds a hint of spicy sweetness to this creamy beverage.
- 1 can coconut cream 1 can coconut cream
- 1 can coconut milk 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can condensed milk 1 can condensed milk
- 6 ounces Tate+Lyle® Cinnamon Bun Beverage Syrup 6 ounces Tate+Lyle® Cinnamon Bun Beverage Syrup
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground ginger 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cloves 1 tablespoon ground cloves
- 2 ounces espresso (per drink 2 ounces espresso (per drink
- 5 ounces milk (per drink) 5 ounces milk (per drink)
In a large pitcher, combine coconut cream, coconut milk, condensed milk, ground cloves, cinnamon bun syrup, nutmeg, and ginger. Whisk together until well blended.
To create a single beverage, pull 2 shots of espresso and pour into a 12-ounce mug.
Combine 5 ounces of the milk mixture with 5 ounces of milk, and steam.
Pour on top of espresso and serve.
About the Chef
Ben Haver is the Coffee Shop Manager and Wholesale Trainer at Cuvée Coffee in Austin, TX.
Read trends and ideas from the culinary professionals at Domino Foods Inc. to help you grow your business.